In Maven, a POM is a unit of work, so a project must have just one.
Usually, targetting multiple platforms involves setting up multiple
projects.

pom.xml - parent that has <modules/> for the following:
+- foo-common/pom.xml - shared information
+- foo-j2se/pom.xml - j2se specific build, depends on foo-common
+- foo-cdc/pom.xml - CDC specific build, depends on foo-common

Does this suit your situation? What are the actual differences between
the two platforms?

We currently have a new solution for environmental specifics in
alpha-3 (profiles), however these are not intended to be used to build
multiple artifacts from a single build, but rather building
differently in separate environments. You may have justification for
allowing them to be incorporated into a single build, so I'd like to
walk through the use case with you.

Cheers,
Brett