Hi Brett,

The use case is as follows: Each sub project has a single set of
source files. The developer sets a target flag to CDC or J2SE.
Depending on the flag, the build tool compiles the Java source files
under either CDC or J2SE. In the case of CDC, the build tool uses a
different bootclasspath during compilation. Next. the build tool
packages the classes within a jar file, appending
<myfile>-<platform>.jar, where platform is either CDC or J2SE,
depending on the target. End.

The reason that I do not want to split these into separate projects is
that the source files are the same. If a developer modifies, say the
CDC source, it is not reflected in the J2SE source, which leads to
versioning problems. Given that I am compiling with different
bootclasspaths, I do not believe that the solution that you outlined
below would work. I will however, look into it.

Regards,
Shane