From: Kenney Westerhof [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: July 1, 2005 11:11 AM
To: Maven Users List
Subject: RE: Resources not being found by test plugin

On Fri, 1 Jul 2005, Erick Dovale wrote:

You should remove the targetPath directive.

Say you've got a resource source/testSrc/resources/A.
This is copied to target/test-classes/resources/A.
Your resource is accessible under /resources/A (using
ClassLoader.findResource e.a.).

Normally you add the files under resources/ to the root of your classes
directory, so in this case A would be target/test-classes/A.

This is the preferred way usually; what if you need to create a WAR
and have some resources in /WEB-INF/? That dir would be in
sources/testSrc/resources/WEB-INF/ and should end up in
target/test-classes/WEB-INF/. Same goes for META-INF.

Greetings,

        Kenney Westerhof

> Yes, that is exactly what I told maven and it actually does it. The only
> problem is that the resources folder is not added to the classpath and
> therefore no resource into the folder is being found by my testes.
> The paths don't seem to be wrong as every single resource gets copied to
> target/classes/resources and to target/test-classes/resources.
> Perhaps there is a different way to achieve this??

Kenney Westerhof
http://www.neonics.com
GPG public key: http://www.gods.nl/~forge/kenneyw.key