I'd be interested to see what you are doing here, and whether an
osgi-bundle plugin could be created to assist in this.

Unfortunately the JAR plugin documentation does not yet go deep enough
into the manifest element, but it's fields are seen here:

http://maven.apache.org/maven2/plugins/maven-jar-plugin/jar-mojo.html

<archive> is:
http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/maven/components/trunk/maven-archiver/src/main/java/org/apache/maven/archiver/MavenArchiveConfiguration.java

<manifest> in there is:
http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/maven/components/trunk/maven-archiver/src/main/java/org/apache/maven/archiver/ManifestConfiguration.java

though you can add your own manifestFile instead of a manifest element.

HTH,
Brett