It looks as though its finding the correct jar but there's now a build exception which doesn't yet make much sense to me. Had a quick look at the ClassLoader source and it looks as though sun don't like you loading in any java.lang classes. Why the test does this and only on the mac platform I don't know - but it looks as though the test currently relies on windows specific behaviour.

org.apache.maven.plugin.MojoExecutionException: Error executing surefire
at org.apache.maven.test.SurefirePlugin.execute (SurefirePlugin.java:234) at org.apache.maven.plugin.DefaultPluginManager.executeMojo (DefaultPluginManager.java:357) at org.apache.maven.lifecycle.DefaultLifecycleExecutor.executeGoals (DefaultLifecycleExecutor.java:479) at org.apache.maven.lifecycle.DefaultLifecycleExecutor.executeGoalWithLifec ycle(DefaultLifecycleExecutor.java:452) at org.apache.maven.lifecycle.DefaultLifecycleExecutor.executeGoal (DefaultLifecycleExecutor.java:438) at org.apache.maven.lifecycle.DefaultLifecycleExecutor.executeTaskSegments( DefaultLifecycleExecutor.java:273) at org.apache.maven.lifecycle.DefaultLifecycleExecutor.execute (DefaultLifecycleExecutor.java:131)
        at org.apache.maven.DefaultMaven.execute(DefaultMaven.java:186)
at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke (NativeMethodAccessorImpl.java:39) at sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke (DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.java:25)
at org.codehaus.classworlds.Launcher.launchEnhanced (Launcher.java:315)
at org.codehaus.classworlds.Launcher.mainWithExitCode (Launcher.java:430)
Caused by: java.lang.SecurityException: Prohibited package name: java.lang
at java.security.SecureClassLoader.defineClass (SecureClassLoader.java:123)
        at java.net.URLClassLoader.defineClass(URLClassLoader.java:251)
        at java.net.URLClassLoader.access$100(URLClassLoader.java:55)
        at java.net.URLClassLoader.findClass(URLClassLoader.java:187)
at org.codehaus.surefire.IsolatedClassLoader.loadClass (IsolatedClassLoader.java:45) at java.lang.ClassLoader.loadClassInternal(ClassLoader.java: 302)
at java.security.SecureClassLoader.defineClass (SecureClassLoader.java:123)
        at java.net.URLClassLoader.defineClass(URLClassLoader.java:251)
        at java.net.URLClassLoader.access$100(URLClassLoader.java:55)
        at java.net.URLClassLoader.findClass(URLClassLoader.java:187)
at org.codehaus.surefire.IsolatedClassLoader.loadClass (IsolatedClassLoader.java:45) at org.codehaus.surefire.SurefireBooter.run (SurefireBooter.java:73) at org.apache.maven.test.SurefirePlugin.execute (SurefirePlugin.java:229)
        ... 16 more