Hi Paul,

> -----Original Message-----
> From: Paul Spencer [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
> Sent: mercredi 14 septembre 2005 14:49
> To: Maven Users List
> Subject: Re: [ANN] Article on building J2EE projects with Maven 1.1
>
> Vincent,

Sorry for answering late, I was at the Javazone conference.

> Is the 1.3.1 source a working example?

Hmm... It's a building example but I have not tried to run the generated
application and I would be surprised if it worked at this stage... :-) That
said, you have just discovered some serious build flaws... I'm
embarrassed...

> It it is, I am having the following problems with the source checked out
> from the SVN:
> 1) The business module not does generate a properly formated EJB.
>     Resolved by adding the following to the build tag in project.xml
>      <resources>
>        <resource>
>          <directory>${maven.build.dir}/xdoclet/ejbdoclet/</directory>
>        </resource>
>      </resources>

Yes, you're right. The ejb-jar.xml is not copied. That's a mistake in the
article. Of course I should have written functional tests. Actually this was
planned but I got short on time. I should have known better... Thanks for
spotting this. I've checked it in.

> 2) The presentation module does not generate properly formated war.
> Specifically the web.xml and taglibs generated by xdoclet are not
> included in the war.

Once more, thanks! Actually the WAR plugin should be improved to honor
<resources> element. ATM, I've made a manual copy in the maven.xml file to
solve this issue.

> 3) The petstore application does not generate a complete ear.
> Specifically I see the following problems:
>    o The business and presentation modules are not in the ear.

Added.

>    o I am not sure application is included or correct.
>    o I get the following error when deploying to Geronimo. Please note I
>      have tried to correct the above error and those corrections may have
>      contributed or cause the following error.
>    Error: Unable to distribute xpetstore-application-3.1.3.ear: Could
>    not deploy module xpetstore-business-3.1.3.jar caused by EJB
>    [Counter] is misconfigured: no CMP mapping defined by OpenEJB DD.

Yes, I/we need to correct the build so that the application works at
runtime. Actually I haven't really worked on the build for the xpetstore EAR
as I've used the Petstore EAR for the article...

I'll tell you what happened: I started writing this first article and I
wanted to continue with a second article focused on testing. I haven't
written this second article yet. I guess this is when I would have
discovered all those issues. I should have finished the full build before
publishing this first article. That will be a good experience to relate in
this second article...

Again please accept my apologies for not delivering a better build. Now
let's correct it. I haven't the time right now to debug the execution in
Geronimo but don't hesitate to remind me later on if you still have an issue
with it. If you have a patch that would be greatly appreciated too... ;-)

Thanks
-Vincent