From: Paul Spencer [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: mercredi 14 septembre 2005 14:49
To: Maven Users List
Subject: Re: [ANN] Article on building J2EE projects with Maven 1.1

Vincent,

Sorry for answering late, I was at the Javazone conference.

Is the 1.3.1 source a working example?

Hmm... It's a building example but I have not tried to run the generated
application and I would be surprised if it worked at this stage... :-) That
said, you have just discovered some serious build flaws... I'm
embarrassed...
It it is, I am having the following problems with the source checked out
from the SVN:
1) The business module not does generate a properly formated EJB.
   Resolved by adding the following to the build tag in project.xml
    <resources>
      <resource>
        <directory>${maven.build.dir}/xdoclet/ejbdoclet/</directory>
      </resource>
    </resources>

Yes, you're right. The ejb-jar.xml is not copied. That's a mistake in the
article. Of course I should have written functional tests. Actually this was
planned but I got short on time. I should have known better... Thanks for
spotting this. I've checked it in.
2) The presentation module does not generate properly formated war.
Specifically the web.xml and taglibs generated by xdoclet are not
included in the war.

Once more, thanks! Actually the WAR plugin should be improved to honor
<resources> element. ATM, I've made a manual copy in the maven.xml file to
solve this issue.
3) The petstore application does not generate a complete ear.
Specifically I see the following problems:
  o The business and presentation modules are not in the ear.

Added.

  o I am not sure application is included or correct.
  o I get the following error when deploying to Geronimo. Please note I
    have tried to correct the above error and those corrections may have
    contributed or cause the following error.
  Error: Unable to distribute xpetstore-application-3.1.3.ear: Could
  not deploy module xpetstore-business-3.1.3.jar caused by EJB
  [Counter] is misconfigured: no CMP mapping defined by OpenEJB DD.

Yes, I/we need to correct the build so that the application works at
runtime. Actually I haven't really worked on the build for the xpetstore EAR
as I've used the Petstore EAR for the article...

I'll tell you what happened: I started writing this first article and I
wanted to continue with a second article focused on testing. I haven't
written this second article yet. I guess this is when I would have
discovered all those issues. I should have finished the full build before
publishing this first article. That will be a good experience to relate in
this second article...

Again please accept my apologies for not delivering a better build. Now
let's correct it. I haven't the time right now to debug the execution in
Geronimo but don't hesitate to remind me later on if you still have an issue
with it. If you have a patch that would be greatly appreciated too... ;-)

Thanks
-Vincent

Vincent Massol wrote:

Just wanted to let you know that my article about building J2EE projects
with Maven is up on

http://www.onjava.com/pub/a/onjava/2005/09/07/maven.html

Warning: It requires Maven 1.1 beta 2 which will be out in the coming

few

days.

Cheers,
-Vincent