Hi Michael,

I put my pom[1] at the end of the mail. I still can't manage to make it
work, even when I embed my password in the URL. I still get:

      Command output:
      cvs update: Empty password used - try 'cvs login' with a real
password

      cvs [update aborted]: authorization failed: server localhost rejected
access to
      C:\fabPlateformeIntegration\cvsAppliExempleTest for user fabrice

However, the username and the password are correct, and I can connect when
I use the cvs command line...

By the way, I use Maven 2.0-RC and version 2.0-beta-3 of the release
plugin. And I have my password stored in the .cvspass of my user home...
I'm really running out of ideas to make this work!

Thanks in advance for your help
:o)
Fabrice.

[1] :
<project>
      <modelVersion>4.0.0</modelVersion>
      <groupId>test</groupId>
      <artifactId>test-release</artifactId>
      <packaging>jar</packaging>
      <name>Test</name>
      <version>1.0.0-SNAPSHOT</version>
      <scm>
            <connection>
scm:cvs:pserver:[EMAIL
PROTECTED]:/C//fabPlateformeIntegration/cvsAppliExempleTest:Test-Release
</connection>
            <developerConnection>
scm:cvs:pserver:[EMAIL
PROTECTED]:/C//fabPlateformeIntegration/cvsAppliExempleTest:Test-Release
</developerConnection>
      </scm>
      <build>
            <pluginManagement>
                  <plugins>
                        <plugin>
                              <artifactId>maven-release-plugin</artifactId>
                              <version>2.0-beta-3</version>
                              <configuration>
                                    <username>fabrice</username>
                                    <password>XXX</password>
                              </configuration>
                        </plugin>
                  </plugins>
            </pluginManagement>
      </build>
</project>

Best Regards / Cordialement,
Fabrice BELLINGARD
DINQ/DSIN/INSI/EATE/IDVS/AIDV
(+33) (01 61) 45 15 91  -  [EMAIL PROTECTED]

             Michael McCrann
             <Michael.McCrann
             @macquarie.com>                                          Pour
                                       Maven Users List
             17/10/2005 02:29          <users@maven.apache.org>
                                                                        cc

                 Veuillez                                            Objet
                répondre à             RE: [m2] Maven release plugin and
             Maven Users List          CVS: bug?
             <[EMAIL PROTECTED]
                 che.org>

Fabrice,

What is the SCM/CVS URL you are using? I have embedded my password in the
URL.

My URL looks like this:

scm:cvs:pserver:<my username>:<my password>@<CVS server>:<path to CVS
repository>:<cvs module>