Hi David,

I use CVSNT indeed, but as I provided my password in the SCM connection, it
seems that the release:prepare goal creates by itself the ".cvspass" with
the good entry.
And I also tried with a truely valid ".cvspass" (that works with other
plugins, m1 plugins for instance), it still doesn't work. That's why I run
out of ideas as of what I can do to make it work...

Best Regards / Cordialement,
Fabrice BELLINGARD
DINQ/DSIN/INSI/EATE/IDVS/AIDV
(+33) (01 61) 45 15 91  -  [EMAIL PROTECTED]

             David Jackman
             <[EMAIL PROTECTED]
             astsearch.com>                                           Pour
                                       Maven Users List
             19/10/2005 16:14          <users@maven.apache.org>
                                                                        cc

                 Veuillez                                            Objet
                répondre à             RE: [m2] Maven release plugin and
             Maven Users List          CVS: bug?
             <[EMAIL PROTECTED]
                 che.org>

What do you see when you run cvs -version from the command line?  If you're
running some version of CVSNT, then doing a cvs login from the command line
won't create the necessary ~/.cvspass file that the Maven SCM operations
will need.  (Because CVSNT stores the passwords in the registry instead of
a file.)  There are some web pages around that talk about this issue.  If
that's what you're seeing, I wrote a utility some time back that extracts
passwords from the registry and creates a .cvspass file with them.

..David..