Hi Arik,

I have tried changing the name to 'central' (lowercase) - no
difference unfortunately.

Even tried a fuller spec, like the super POM entry ?

  <repositories>
    <repository>
      <id>central</id>
      <name>Maven Repository Switchboard</name>
      <layout>default</layout>
       <url>file:///central/.m2/repository</url>
      <snapshots>
        <enabled>true</enabled>
      </snapshots>
    </repository>
  </repositories>

but it's still trying to connect, output has :-

"From the specified remote repositories:
  central (http://www.ibiblio.org.maven2)
  snapshots (http://snapshots.maven.codehaus.org/maven2)"