Thanks for the apt ( ;-) ) response.

I already got it built, that's not the issue. I then removed ~/.m2, did a clean install of the bin distro, and tried that installation on the clean trunk project.

This is just a request to get my facts straight (I'll be knee deep in here over the next few weeks):

Is it correct that this fails because:
there is actually no org.apache.maven:maven-model:2.0.1-SNAPSHOT:jar on any repository -- this artifact-version is only "available" when you build the trunk yourself?

So, as a consequence, you can cannot use the 2.0 bin distro on the current trunk itself?