Thanks for the tip.  Those settings create a source archive.  I would also
like to deploy a zip binary distribution (dependencies included).  I have
the assembly plugin configured correctly, but it didn't work to simply add
<goals> to my configuration.  Can only certain plugins be attached to goals?

      <plugin>

        <executions>
          <execution>
            <phase>package</phase>

          </execution>
        </executions>
        <configuration>

         <descriptor>assembly-descriptor-bin-with-dependencies.xml</descriptor>

          <finalName>shard-phoenix</finalName>
          <outputDirectory>target/bin</outputDirectory>

          <workDirectory>target/temp-bin</workDirectory>
        </configuration>

      </plugin>

--- Maven Users List" <users@maven.apache.org wrote:

Use the source plugin instead of the assembly plugin.  Just add this to
> your pom.xml:
>     <build>
>         <plugins>
>             <plugin>

>                 <groupId>org.apache.maven.plugins</groupId>

        <artifactId>maven-source-plugin</artifactId>
>                 <executions>

>                     <execution>
>                         <goals>

                           <goal>jar</goal>
>                         </goals>

>                     </execution>
>                 </executions>

          </plugin>
>         </plugins>
>     </build>
>
> (you probably
already have the build and plugins section) and it will do
> what you want.

> ..David..

01, 2005 3:41 PM
> To: users@maven.apache.org
> Subject: assemble binary
during deploy

> is there some way to configure the assembly plugin to
run during the
> "deploy"
> phase?  I would like my project to always upload
the latest source any
> time the snapshots are deployed.

> For additional
commands, e-mail: [EMAIL PROTECTED]