Karthik Manimaran wrote:

The jar file DotComCommon-1.0.jar is duplicated in the EAR file.

1. It is present in the EAR file as a separate jar at the root.
2. It is also present inside PrivacyWeb.war file (inside WEB-INF/lib folder)

The same duplication occurs for all other jars used by PrivacyWeb (runtime,
commons-*, ContentManager etc)

Now the EAR is twice as big as what it is supposed to be. I do not need
Maven to include all the depencies required for the WAR file inside lib
directory as it is already available as separate jars in the EAR file.

Thanks and regards,
Karthik.

For my team we allow the war module to have it's own libraries, only if the lib can be reused between it and the ejb module do we put it in ear, otherwise we keep them separated. That's our approach.
Cheers