Hi list,

This might sound like a silly question, and very superficial - I will
concede that ;) - but I was wondering if there was a prefered or
suggested way to communicate dependencies. By "communicating
dependencies", I mean, for instance, when writing a blog post or any
kind of documentation, it happens that I need to tell the reader
something like "should you want to use this in your project, you could
add a dependency like..." and then I'm faced with the dilemma of being
copy/paste friendly and giving the 6 lines of xml to the maven-style
dependency or not.. because it clutters the flow of text quite a bit,
might not interest everybody and other more-or-less valid reasons not
do so. OTOH, saying "add a dependency to foo/bar" might also leave
readers perplex as to what this means at all.

So if anybody has a add a smart idea regarding this, to quickly and
efficiently communicate maven-style dependencies in a readable,
compact and precise way, I'd be glad to hear !

Happy new year ! :)