I'm having trouble determining the scope choices for a dependency
entry.  Right now I have something like:

    <dependency>
        <groupId>commons-codec</groupId>
                        <artifactId>commons-codec</artifactId>
                        <version>1.3</version>
      <scope>compile</scope>
    </dependency>

    <dependency>
        <groupId>commons-codec</groupId>
                        <artifactId>commons-codec</artifactId>
                        <version>1.3</version>
      <scope>test</scope>
    </dependency>

I'd like to combine this dependency into one entry in my POM.  Is ther
a value that covers *both* compile and test?

TIA,

Sean