Thanks for encouraging Maven2!

I must say, though, that you didn't address my "Will I suffer?" question :-)

I just checked out *Maven: A Dev's Notebook* which is slightly dated
and based on Maven1.  Nice, fairly well-organized, spoon-fed info in
that book which I hope is more or less applicable to Maven2, as well.

Reading some of the user feedback on reviews about Maven2 (e.g. see
http://www.javaworld.com/javaworld/jw-12-2005/jw-1205-maven-p3.html )
I thought it might be wiser if I first learnt Maven1.

> ..  If you want to suffer then
> delve into writing Jelly plugins in Maven1. ;)  Maven2 is a beautiful
> thing...

I'm sure it's beautiful.  Really!  I'm hoping not to need to write any
plugins, though. I'm not a build engineer: I'll be using Maven mostly
because it makes developing apps easier...

So for now, as a newbie, I'll stick to Maven1 until there is better
documentation out there for Maven2.  I *did* try Maven2 along w/ its
documentation, but for now, here's my advice to other newcomers:

                       The path to m2 is through m1.

Or ye shall suffer needlessly, as I have... :-)

If I follow the *best practices*, it seems, I should be able to
migrate relatively painlessly to M2.