Emmanuel,

Please see my original post for error log and my setup (or see below).

It seems it can't connect to the gtalk service.

I am not sure about Jabber: I thought that gmail makes use of Jabber, so I
don't need some extra Jabber stuff to install, right? or not?

tx,
Peter

Emmanuel Venisse <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
04/01/2006 15:39
Please respond to
continuum-users@maven.apache.org

continuum-users@maven.apache.org
cc

Subject
Re: gtalk notifier not working

org.apache.maven.continuum.notification.jabber.JabberContinuumNotifier.sendM
> essage(JabberContinuumNotifier.java:236)
>         at

org.apache.maven.continuum.notification.jabber.JabberContinuumNotifier.sendN
> otification(JabberContinuumNotifier.java:135)
>         at

org.apache.maven.continuum.notification.DefaultContinuumNotificationDispatch
> er.sendNotification(DefaultContinuumNotificationDispatcher.java:170)
>         at

org.apache.maven.continuum.notification.DefaultContinuumNotificationDispatch
> er.buildComplete(DefaultContinuumNotificationDispatcher.java:96)
>         at

org.apache.maven.continuum.buildcontroller.DefaultBuildController.build(Defa
> ultBuildController.java:281)
>         at

org.apache.maven.continuum.buildcontroller.BuildProjectTaskExecutor.executeT
> ask(BuildProjectTaskExecutor.java:53)
>         at

org.codehaus.plexus.taskqueue.execution.ThreadedTaskQueueExecutor$ExecutorRu
> nnable.run(ThreadedTaskQueueExecutor.java:103)
> Caused by: org.codehaus.plexus.jabber.JabberClientException: Can't
connect
> to talk.google.com:5222
>         at

org.codehaus.plexus.jabber.DefaultJabberClient.connect(DefaultJabberClient.j
> ava:51)
>         at

org.apache.maven.continuum.notification.jabber.JabberContinuumNotifier.sendM
> essage(JabberContinuumNotifier.java:216)
>         ... 7 more
> Caused by: XMPPError connecting to talk.google.com:5222.: (502)
>   -- caused by: java.net.ConnectException: Connection timed out: connect
>         at
> org.jivesoftware.smack.XMPPConnection.<init>(XMPPConnection.java:174)
>         at

org.codehaus.plexus.jabber.DefaultJabberClient.connect(DefaultJabberClient.j
> ava:42)
>         ... 8 more
>

> This is my setup:
>
> I'm using continuum 1.0.2, running a Maven 1.0.2 project in a windows
> environment.
>
> <!--
>     | The jabber notifier
>     |-->
>     <component>
>       <role>org.codehaus.plexus.notification.notifier.Notifier</role>
>       <role-hint>jabber</role-hint>

<implementation>org.apache.maven.continuum.notification.jabber.JabberContinu
> umNotifier</implementation>
>       <requirements>
>         <requirement>
>           <role>org.codehaus.plexus.jabber.JabberClient</role>
>         </requirement>
>         <requirement>

<role>org.apache.maven.continuum.configuration.ConfigurationService</role>
>         </requirement>
>         <requirement>
>           <role>org.apache.maven.continuum.store.ContinuumStore</role>
>         </requirement>
>       </requirements>
>       <configuration>
>         <from-address>my fist gtalk account without
gmail.com</from-address

>         <from-password>mypassword</from-password>
>         <host>talk.google.com </host >
>         <port>5222</port>
>         <sslConnection>false</sslConnection>
>       </configuration>
>     </component>
>
> Then in the continuum web interface I use the same jabber notifier
settings,
> and as jabber recipient I have [EMAIL PROTECTED], not using
SSL