Grégory Joseph wrote:

For one sample case, I would say. Using other xdoclet2-plugins is
totally similar, and should be a no brainer if you'd know how xdoclet2
generally works. Other pages might help in this respect, although I'll
gladly hear your feedback, because we know they're probably
unsufficient.
I'm only familiar with XDoclet, so the page in question doesn't help me at all. It doesn't say how to invoke the targets or anything. Pardon my ignorance, but the whole Maven thing is new to me.

For example, the first thing I need to do is
incorporate Hibernate into our project.

Incorporate? I fail to see the connection with xdoclet2 and/or maven,
here.

Our build environment is Maven2. I'm trying to bring XDoclet2 into that environment. The page in question is showing how to do that.

However, if you mean "how to leverage xdoclet(2) to generate
hibernate mapping files", then again, I'll point you to the general
xdoclet2 docs and the xd2-hibernate-plugin specific docs (
http://xdoclet.codehaus.org/ and
http://xdoclet.codehaus.org/Hibernate+plugin - see the "hibernate
tags" and the "hibernate mapping plugin" pages in particular.)
Again, please comment on what to improve on these pages.

If the page gave an example commandline for invoking the XD2 targets, that would be nice.

How do I do that based on this
page's example? How do I define the merge directory, the output
directory, etc?

See above.

Please bear in mind the warning on top of
http://xdoclet.codehaus.org/Maven2+Plugin , help us improve it, and
feel free to join the xdoclet2-users and/or the xdoclet-plugins list
for xdoclet2-related information.

If the page answers the questions I've posted here that would be a great improvement. :)

--
Darryl L. Pierce <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Homepage: http://mcpierce.multiply.com/