Hi,

in my .properties files of my working maven v1 installation are many
variables defined where the project.xml can find them during build process,
*.properties are included in project.xml

Problem is m2 ignores these files, because of replacement of these
*.properties with settings.xml -in a valid xml file I can't define
variables.

The pom.xml (POM Version 4), does not have a <include> tag for resource
files, so I have a real big problem.

I don't want to hardcode all these values into my big multi-project.

Where can I include variable definitions e.g.
someLibrary.CURRENTVERSION}=1.07   without a *.properties file ??