Hmmm....try configuring the jar plugin. There's an outputDirectory property there but I think this is still in SVN. The old version used basedir for this and was a readonly attribute but it was changed to outputDirectory to allow users to direct where the jar will be generated. You may have to grab it there and build it yourself.

HTH,
Henry

Dmitry Beransky wrote:
I guess I was too quick to declare victory.

While the compiled classes do go into the newly configured directory, the jar file is still being placed into the default directory, which in my case, happens to be smack in the middle of the versioned source tree.

So, how can I change the output directory for the package goal? Is there a universal way to divert output of any and all goals?

Thanks
Dmitry