At least for Maven 1, you can aswell set maven.repo.remote to point to your local repository. Either in project.properties (maven.repo.remote=yourlocalrepo) or at the commandline (-Dmaven.repo.remote=yourlocalrepo).

Regards,
Gisbert Amm

Alexandre Russel wrote:
use the -o option to mvn(type mvn --help for more info).
alex

 Hi ,
Am new to Maven.I want my build process to use the local repository rather than download the jars everytime.
   Where should this information be added.