I have been using since Maven pre-1.0, and actually have it in
production in a couple larger projects and have been happy with the
general documentation and maturity of the maven 1.0, 1.1 series.

However, I am supporting Jeroen's perception of Maven 2.0's "features
are lacking or not-quite-there-yet" statement.  Some of the great things
of Maven 1.0/1.1 that developers have switched to and rely on are not
available yet in Maven 2.0 -- and this may be more about the plugins
themselves rather than the Maven 2.0 core.  I know there have been
discussions/threads regarding backward compatability for plugins that
may help the feature-list.

And as for documentation, well, examples are worth a lot more than
several chapters of theory/reasoning/why-we-are-planning-ahead-this-way
documentation.  The people on the mailing lists, both committers and the
user-base, have been very supportive regardless if there was
documentation related to the issue. :-)

Keep Maven rolling!

-D