Below is the stack trace. I am not using instrumentation of any sorts.

I have been able to single out a class that seems to be incorrectly
complied when build is run through maven. If I simply replace that class
with the same class from ant build it works fine. This also leads me to
think that there may be other classes of that nature. These classes are
part of a module that produces a war type artifact.

java.lang.VerifyError:
        (class: com/mhe/common/ala/ALAManagerHelper,
        method: fillBufferWithProductAtom signature:
        (Ljava/lang/String;
        Lcom/mhe/alamanager/common/valueobj/ProductAtom;
        ZZLjava/lang/StringBuffer;)V) Incompatible argument to function
        at
com.mhe.common.action.ClasswareContext.init(ClasswareContext.java:189)
        at
com.mhe.common.action.ClasswareContext.(ClasswareContext.java:177)
        at
com.mhe.common.action.ClasswareAction.execute(ClasswareAction.java:344)
        at
org.apache.struts.action.RequestProcessor.processActionPerform(RequestPr
ocessor.java:484)
        at
org.apache.struts.action.RequestProcessor.process(RequestProcessor.java:
274)
        at
org.apache.struts.action.ActionServlet.process(ActionServlet.java:1482)
        at
org.apache.struts.action.ActionServlet.doGet(ActionServlet.java:507)
        at
weblogic.servlet.internal.ServletStubImpl$ServletInvocationAction.run(Se
rvletStubImpl.java:1006)
        at
weblogic.servlet.internal.ServletStubImpl.invokeServlet(ServletStubImpl.
java:419)
        at
weblogic.servlet.internal.ServletStubImpl.invokeServlet(ServletStubImpl.
java:315)
        at
weblogic.servlet.internal.WebAppServletContext$ServletInvocationAction.r
un(WebAppServletContext.java:6718)
        at
weblogic.security.acl.internal.AuthenticatedSubject.doAs(AuthenticatedSu
bject.java:321)
        at
weblogic.security.service.SecurityManager.runAs(SecurityManager.java:121
)
        at
weblogic.servlet.internal.WebAppServletContext.invokeServlet(WebAppServl
etContext.java:3764)
        at
weblogic.servlet.internal.ServletRequestImpl.execute(ServletRequestImpl.
java:2644)
        at weblogic.kernel.ExecuteThread.execute(ExecuteThread.java:219)
        at weblogic.kernel.ExecuteThread.run(ExecuteThread.java:178)

Sanjay Shukla,
HPI Product Engineering, 2 Penn Plaza, NY.
212 904 3629 Office
732 692 4419 Cell