Not sure what the end goal is here, but I assume you're saying you're trying to do something like:

<build>
  <extensions>
    <extension>
      <groupId>some.group.id</groupId>
      <artifactId>some-artifact</artifactId>
      <version>1.1.1.1</version>
      <type>pom</type>
    </extension>
  </extensions>
</build>

Other than playing the trick of having that POM's dependencies all included in the core classloader of Maven, I'm not sure what this would acoomplish. BTW, it's entirely possible that the <type/> element isn't allowed here, I don't remember for sure. It would seem to make some amount of sense not to allow this, though...

-john

Dixit, Sandeep (ProSource Solutions) wrote:
Is there a way to extend a POM only project using

I am not able to do so as by default extension is looking for JAR type
project. And mine is POM. Extension tag is not allowing defining of
<type> tag.

Thanks,
Sandeep

***National City made the following annotations