I use Maven 2.0 in production and I am quite satisfied. I haven't run
in a lot of bugs. The documentation can look a little bit sparsed but
there is a good wiki and this list is pretty active and helpful and
Maven 2.0 is very intuitive in my opionion.

But like Kathryn said the IDE integration isn't really mature yet
(wich is normal since Maven 2.0 is just like 4 months old) but the
Eclipse plugins seems to progress quite fast (two new versions in
about one month) and big IDE vendors seems interested in it. For
instance, ADF Faces was built using Maven 2.0. So when people say it
is production ready, it is based on a command line usage for the
moment. The only thing I would like to see some bugs fixed in it and
wouldn't say it is production ready is the WebDav protocol support
although it can be used. Other then that kudo to the Maven team and
thank for the great product!!

On 2/14/06, Kathryn Huxtable <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> The only thing I'd add is that the IDE extensions are not as mature as those
> for M1. Although I run the Eclipse extension (m2eclipse.codehaus.org) I am
> not really satisfied with it. It's pretty easy to use the mvn
> eclipse:eclipse command, though, to keep your .classpath and .project up to
> date and use the external build with the "real" Maven 2.
>
> -K
>

> On 2/14/06 4:27 PM, "Brett Porter" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
>
> > On 2/15/06, Ray Ward <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> >> I read Vincent Massol's PPT dated 15 September 2005.  He said, Short
> >> answer:
> >> No.
> >>
> >> But, that was 5 months ago!  How about now?
> >
> > Well, in September, it wasn't final, so probably fair enough.
> >
> > There was a long discussion on this list a little more recently (maybe
> > November?) where people debated it again.
> >
> > Long story short, yes: as long as you are using final release plugins.
> > If you need certain plugins which are alpha, beta, or non-existant,
> > then your experience of m2 will be that it is alpha, beta or
> > incomplete.
> >
> > Especially if coming from m1, do your homework first, and if things
> > you need aren't ready, tell us.
> >
> > Some plugins are right on the cusp of becoming final or having
> > updates. There's every chance one you need is just around the corner
> > anyway (check the JIRA scheduling for a clearer idea).
> >
> >> What are the risks?  Suicidal? None?  Olympic downhill skiiers only?
> >
> > What's the difference between suicidal and olympic downhill skiiers?
> > (Just watching someone hit a net at 120km/h... ouch :)
> >
> > HTH,
> > Brett

> --
> Kathryn Huxtable
> Middleware Architect
> Core Middleware
> Information Technology, a division of Information Services
> The University of Kansas

Alexandre Poitras
Québec, Canada