I guess we are having different problems.  In a reply to my Jira issue Carlos Sanchez points out that my problem lies in the fact that cobertura is trying to instrument the classes twice.  I am not sure why this is happening, nor am i sure why this is even a problem, but clearly you are not getting this problem.

could you show me your pom.xml so i can look for any obvious differences between what you are doing and what I am doing.

Kind regards,
Dave Sag