Hi Wayne,

Thanks for the response, I didn't mean to be pushy :)

Maven 2 is very very nice. I've been spending last week learning it, converting many of my projects over to Maven 2 from POA (Plain Ol' Ant).

I have spent the majority of my time in this conversion from POA to M2 battling with IBiblio as my various projects download their dependencies. So getting the mirrors to work has been a priority for me. (I know I could set up a maven proxy, or put stuff in a local repository).

I did end up placing a <repository> element in my pom.xml which pointed to the lsu.edu IBiblio mirror and it worked (which seems to negate the need for a <mirrors> element in settings.xml; e.g. settings.xml isn't consulted).

Hopefully someone with deeper experience than I will comment!

'Preciate the feedback Wayne!

Thanks,
Elliot

Wayne Fay wrote:
Personally, I don't use settings.xml. So I didn't feel qualified to
answer your email, Elliot.

Instead I use <repositories> and <pluginRepositories> in my pom.xml file.

It works --- I can see files being downloaded from the various mirrors
etc when I run mvn -U...
checking for updates from dotsrc
checking for updates from ibiblio
checking for updates from codehaus-plugins
checking for updates from central

Wayne