On Thu, 2006-03-09 at 09:49 +0100, Jochen Wiedmann wrote:
> [I posted this question a while ago without replies, so I try to repost.]
>
> Hi,
>
> I have a multiproject. One of the subprojects generates several
> non-standard artifacts: Zip, files, tar.gz files, and the like.
>
> Another subproject is generating a war file. The generated war file
> should contain the non-standard artifact generated by the other
> subproject.
>
> How do I do that?

You might like to look at the dependency-maven-plugin from codehaus:
  http://mojo.codehaus.org/dependency-maven-plugin/

It allows a particular dependency (eg a jar) to be fetched and stored
into the target directory as part of the build process. If you pick the
right phase and place to do the copying then I expect the dependency
will end up inside the warfile.

The dependency plugin is available on ibiblio so you just need to add
ibiblio as a known repository:

  <repositories>
    <repository>
      <id>Ibiblio</id>
      <url>http://www.ibiblio.org/pub/packages/maven2</url>
    </repository>
  </repositories>

  <pluginRepositories>
    <pluginRepository>
      <id>Ibiblio</id>
      <url>http://www.ibiblio.org/pub/packages/maven2</url>
    </pluginRepository>
  </pluginRepositories>

then do something like this:

     <plugin>
        <groupId>org.codehaus.mojo</groupId>
        <artifactId>dependency-maven-plugin</artifactId>
        <executions>
          <execution>
            <id>unpack-dependencies</id>
            <phase>process-resources</phase>
            <goals>
              <goal>unpack</goal>
            </goals>
          </execution>
        </executions>
        <configuration>
          <artifactItems>
            <artifactItem>
              <groupId>org.apache.commons.logging</groupId>
              <artifactId>commons-logging-core</artifactId>
              <version>0.1-SNAPSHOT</version>
              <type>jar</type>

<outputDirectory>${project.build.outputDirectory}</outputDirectory>
            </artifactItem>
          </artifactItems>
        </configuration>
      </plugin>

The above actually *unpacks* the dependency which may not be what you
want; the "copy" goal downloads without unpacking which might be what
you're looking for.

Cheers,

Simon