Hi,

we're in the process of setting up our development environment with maven2 and
I could need some expert advises and best practices. I already read a lot of
the available documentation, still I have a fuzzy feeling, how to do it.

The issue is that we are using a tool to generate three "profiles" based on a
model of some kind. I already managed to wrap that tool in a custom ant-based
plugin. And from my understanding of the maven concepts, the three "profiles",
which should be available independantly, should go into different projects.
Thus my current idea is to layout the projects like this:

/some-tool-plugin
/xyz-spec-model
/xyz-spec-java
/xyz-spec-xsd
/xyz-spec-wsdl

When I use the generation tool, I end up with this:

/xyz-spec-model/target/generated/xyz.xsd
/xyz-spec-model/target/generated/xyz.wsdl
/xyz-spec-model/target/generated/javax/.../*.java

My assumption is that I should package the whole generated target directory
somehow, pull it out in the other projects (xyz-spec-java, xyz-spec-xsd and
xyz-spec-wsdl) and repackage it. But how this process could work and even if
it's the right approach is unclear to me.

Thanks for any advise on how to do this.
Kind Regards,
Andreas Ebbert-Karroum
  Software Design Engineer - Nokia Networks Services / Middleware
  phone: +49-211-94123928, fax: +49-211-94123838
  Heltorfer Straße 1, 40472 Düsseldorf, Germany

________________________________

This message is confidential. If you have received this message in error,
please delete it from your system. You should not copy it for any purpose, or
disclose its contents to any other person. Internet communications are not
secure and therefore Nokia GmbH does not accept legal responsibility for the
contents of this message as it has been transmitted over a public network.
Thank you.

Nokia GmbH, Nokia Networks is a German Company. Further information about the
Company is available from its principal offices at Heltorferstrasse 1, D-40472,
Düsseldorf, Germany and from the website at http://www.nokia.com/