By the way, please include [m1] or [m2] in your subject for faster response. Here's the M2 project descriptor for your reference, again, I'm assuming this is an M2 question: http://maven.apache.org/maven-model/maven.html

I've just noticed that <type> is not part of the plugin section. It's not clear what you want to achieve in your POM. Is this part of your configuration?

Nidhi Tuli wrote:

EAR plugin only supports " jar, war, ejb, rar, sar" types. If I try to include ejb3 and par file for ejb3 deplyment. It throws exception.

Code:
<plugin>
          <artifactId>maven-ear-plugin</artifactId>
          <type>ejb3</type>
          <type>par</type>
          <properties>
                <ear.bundle>true</ear.bundle>
          </properties>
</plugin>
Exception:
        Caused by:
org.apache.maven.project.InvalidProjectModelException:  Parse error
reading POM. Reason: Unrecognised tag: 'type' (position:
START_TAG seen ...</artif
                actId>\n\t\t  <type>... @102:11) at
org.apache.maven.project.DefaultMavenProjectBuilder.readModel(Default
        MavenProjectBuilder.java:1134)at
org.apache.maven.project.DefaultMavenProjectBuilder.readModel(Default
MavenProjectBuilder.java:1094)
Any suggestions? Also please provide a sample code for better
understanding.

/Nidhi