This is also what we are doing, except that we never check-in the
x.x.xversion (it goes only in the tag). This way, nobody else -
including
Continuum - will work on the version x.x.x and produce a
x.x.x-stampedartifact that would erroneously look like a release.

1. Check that all dependencies are non-SNAPSHOT
2. Replace version x.x.x-SNAPSHOT with x.x.x
3. Tag FROM THE WORKING COPY
4. Replace version x.x.x with x.x.x+1-SNAPSHOT
5. Check in
6. (Optionnaly deploy, but Continuum will do it for us)
7. Check out tag
8. Deploy tag