Like many other posts on this mailing list, I'm currently struggling to get
my internal remote repository working correctly.

Having developed a new archetype for developers to use internally to build
adaptors, I am also providing them with a pre-configured maven-2.0.2
installation
that contains a profile (activated by default - see below section from
settings.xml) which points to our internal remote repositories. If this
worked, it would prevent
developers having to run 'maven install' on the top level project to
create, build and install all artifacts into their local repository.

Note that when users start to build these adaptors, they have no project
(and therefore no pom.xml), hence to create an instance of the archetype,
maven needs
to download the archetype from our internal remote repositories (hence the
below configuration in settings.xml).

Project artifacts are deployed to repository with id='jpm-inhouse-release'
Project artifact dependencies are held in repository with id='
jpm-ibiblio-mirror'

    <profile>
     <id>use-jpm-repositories</id>
     <activation>
       <activeByDefault>true</activeByDefault>
     </activation>
     <repositories>
       <repository>
         <id>jpm-inhouse-release</id>
         <name>Corporate Internal release repository</name>
         <url>
http://corporate.domain.com/svn/repos/mavenRepository/trunk/m2repository-jpm-release
</url>
         <releases>
           <enabled>true</enabled>
         </releases>
         <snapshots>
           <enabled>false</enabled>
         </snapshots>
       </repository>
       <repository>
         <id>jpm-inhouse-snapshot</id>
         <name>Corporate Internal snapshot repository </name>
         <url>
http://corporate.domain.com/svn/repos/mavenRepository/trunk/m2repository-jpm-snapshot
</url>
         <releases>
           <enabled>false</enabled>
         </releases>
         <snapshots>
           <enabled>true</enabled>
         </snapshots>
       </repository>
        <repository>
         <id>jpm-ibiblio-mirror</id>
         <name>Corporate Internal mirror of ibiblio repository</name>
         <url>
http://corporate.domain.com/svn/repos/mavenRepository/trunk/m2repository</
url>
         <releases>
           <enabled>true</enabled>
         </releases>
         <snapshots>
           <enabled>false</enabled>
         </snapshots>
       </repository>
     </repositories>
   </profile>

When creating an adaptor instance using our archetype, maven never attempts
to retrieve the dependencies from 'jpm-ibiblio-mirror' even though it
exists
and is configured in settings.xml.

C:\temp\ixgf>createAdapter TestAdaptor
ECHO is off.
"creating new adapter instance called 'TestAdaptor'"
ECHO is off.
[INFO] Scanning for projects...
[INFO] Searching repository for plugin with prefix: 'archetype'.
[INFO] com.jpmorgan.adaptor: checking for updates from central
[INFO] org.apache.maven.plugins: checking for updates from central
[INFO] org.codehaus.mojo: checking for updates from central
[INFO] artifact org.apache.maven.plugins:maven-archetype-plugin: checking
for up
dates from central
Downloading:
http://repo1.maven.org/maven2/org/apache/maven/plugins/maven-archet
ype-plugin/1.0-alpha-3/maven-archetype-plugin-1.0-alpha-3.pom
1K downloaded
Downloading:
http://repo1.maven.org/maven2/org/apache/maven/plugins/maven-plugin
-parent/2.0-beta-1/maven-plugin-parent-2.0-beta-1.pom
6K downloaded
Downloading:
http://repo1.maven.org/maven2/org/apache/maven/plugins/maven-archet
ype-plugin/1.0-alpha-3/maven-archetype-plugin-1.0-alpha-3.jar
6K downloaded

Does anyone know why maven is not trying to download these artifacts from
the repositories configured in the above profile within my settings.xml?

Thanks,
John

This communication is for informational purposes only. It is not intended
as an offer or solicitation for the purchase or sale of any financial
instrument or as an official confirmation of any transaction. All market prices,
data and other information are not warranted as to completeness or accuracy and
do not necessarily reflect those of JPMorgan Chase & Co., its subsidiaries
and affiliates.