I'm trying to rally support for one of my favorite issues.   I would
like Maven to be able to update bad poms and or artifacts from the
remote repo.

What's the use case for this?    A developer creates a jar of his
project.   However he built it with a 1.5 jdk when it should have been
built with a 1.4. jdk.   We don't discover this problem until after it
has been uploaded and users have downloaded it.  Essentially, we're
stuck with it unless the user deletes stuff manually from the repo.

There are 3 JIRA issues related to this, the most prominent is:
http://jira.codehaus.org/browse/MNG-1258

I created a patch for one, but really, I think more discussion is needed
about how exactly the refresh mechanism should work.

Any user thoughts on this??

p.s. please vote ;)

Ruel Loehr

JBoss QA