I have had that problem on windows, but not on unix/linux.
Seems like the scp plugin thingy does not create the .ssh directory
under c:\documents and settings or whatever\username
So if you manually create that directory yourself and then run your
stuff it should work. (well that is if you are on windows)

/Kaare