I'm not sure how to find information on what I want to do. The problem is
that I don't know what it's called.

I have a maven project that builds a jar. I call it 11c. It is a part of a
bigger build that builds a bunch of jars on which this project depends. All
the projects are children of a parent project that I use to build the whole
thing.

In that project i have an assembly setup that builds a tar.gz file with that
jar, some properties files and a lib directory full of the dependency jars.

This all works. I use mvn install on the parent project to build all the
jars. I go to the project 11c and do 'mvn assembly:assembly -Denv=test' to
build the tar.gz file.

Now I would like to do something (that's the part for which I don't know the
name) that will send the tar.gz file to an internal Solaris server via FTP.
I just want to FTP the one file into a particular folder over there. Its the
home folder for the ftp user if that matters. (/export/home/ifs)

I've no clue how to do this or even what it is called. Help?

Thanks.

-- Lee Meador
Sent from gmail. My real email address is [EMAIL PROTECTED]