<SNIP/>

> Finally, as Jeff has pointed out, I am also not happy about the naming,
> I think m11b2 and the current m11b3-SNAPSHOT are far superior and more
> stable than the suffix 'beta' would suggest.

Personnaly I prefered if we follow a versionning convention like in httpd,
tomcat and some other projects.
These projects release regularly a new version X.Y.Z and launch a vote to
decide if this is a stable release or not.
It's wht you have in these projects a big number for Z. It's more a build
number than a fix number.

But it's not actually the policy for maven.

And again: any help would be very welcome! :)

YES !! :-)

Arnaud