Hey Wayne, I'm sorry if my email tone sounds aggressive... i really am
not trying to come off that way. So please accept my comments purely
as an exercise in conversation.

I totally understand the intellectual property that rights that Sun
attaches to their jars. I fully respect them. I'm just trying to
understand why so much emphasis is placed on the centralized jar repo.
There were plenty of other concerns besides the sun jars that i cited.
I'm just speaking more from my needs. The repo is cool. But, I see an
equally acceptable approach of having jars that you check into your
source code repo. I guess I'm trying more to understand why there is
such an emphasis on central repo over simply presenting the ability to
use either/or.

As an additional note, the centralized repo is only as good as those
willing to post to it. I've run into the problem that the latest and
greatest are not always on ibiblio. I've also ran into the problem
that there are sometimes version gaps. Also, I've seen where there are
the same jars under different (but similar) group ids. I know i can
setup a local repo for jars. But, then i find myself wondering why.
Especially when i already have a versioning repository... SVN.

Many thanks for your time and responses,
Brandon