Are you using maven 2.0.4?
I 've had an issue with maven 2.0.1 and the idea snapshot not working for it.

But it doesn't look like the same issue.
You're says "Error transferring file".
Try "mvn install" again or remove the plexus-util from your local repo and try "mvn install" again.

Sebastien Arbogast wrote:
OK. I managed to checkout sources, but when I ran mvn install, I got the
following error:

W:\data\dev\maven-idea-plugin>mvn install
[INFO] Scanning for projects...
[INFO]
---
[INFO] Building Maven IDEA Plugin
[INFO]    task-segment: [install]
[INFO]
---
[INFO] [plugin:descriptor]
[INFO] Using 2 extractors.
[INFO] Applying extractor for language: java
[INFO] Extractor for language: java found 5 mojo descriptors.
[INFO] Applying extractor for language: bsh
[INFO] Extractor for language: bsh found 0 mojo descriptors.
[INFO] [resources:resources]
Downloading:
http://repo1.maven.org/maven2/org/codehaus/plexus/plexus-utils/1.1/
plexus-utils-1.1.pom
[INFO]
[ERROR] BUILD ERROR
[INFO]

Project ID: org.codehaus.plexus:plexus-utils

Reason: Error getting POM for 'org.codehaus.plexus:plexus-utils' from the
reposi
tory: Error transferring file
 org.codehaus.plexus:plexus-utils:pom:1.1

from the specified remote repositories:
 apache.snapshots (http://svn.apache.org/maven-snapshot-repository),
 snapshots (http://snapshots.maven.codehaus.org/maven2)

[INFO]
[INFO]
[INFO] Total time: 31 seconds
[INFO] Finished at: Tue May 02 16:23:42 CEST 2006
[INFO] Final Memory: 5M/9M
[INFO]

W:\data\dev\maven-idea-plugin>

I must have missed something.

2006/5/2, Geoffrey De Smet <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>:

svn co ???/maven-idea-plugin
mvn install

Sebastien Arbogast wrote:
> Good to know. How do I install it ?
>
> 2006/5/2, Geoffrey De Smet <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>:
>>
>> The latest snapshot idea plugin is far superiour to the latest release
>> idea plugin. It does a lot more, like root module configuration etc.
>>
>> Sebastien Arbogast wrote:
>> > I'm going through the Maven 2 book and trying to open proficio
project
>> from
>> > chapter 3 inside Intellij. So I ran "mvn idea:idea" to generate
project
>> > files, I opened the root project in IntelliJ but then there is no
root
>> > module generated so I can't access project global files, like site
>> files
>> or
>> > root pom.xml. I could create this module myself, but then the next
time
>> I'm
>> > gonna run idea:idea again to update dependencies for example, then
this
>> > root
>> > module will disappear.
>> >
>> > Did I do something wrong ? Is it a known bug ? Is there something
wrong
>> > with
>> > this approach ?
>> >
>> > And by the way, does anyone know where IntelliJ is getting with Maven
2
>> > support ? Because I can't see any mention of it in their roadmap,
>> and it
>> > kind of pisses me off to be forced to use Eclipse again for the
>> excellent
>> > maven2 plugin that is available there. Is there any plan in the
>> > community to
>> > integrate the same kind of features into a Mevenide for
Maven2/IntelliJ