On 5/4/06, Kaare Nilsen <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
Well.. i use it myself :)
But yes there are several limitations in multi-module projects and
cruise control in general. As of now we do not have any clever
solutions for making sure that when one module changes, then the
modules that depends on it also get build, the reactor build order is
not considered and so on, but we are in the process of working out
some of the issues, but it will for sure take a while before
cruisecontrol can be as good as continuum when it comes to maven2
support (most likly never).

Sebastien,

you may want to have a look:

http://www.coffeebreaks.org/blogs/?page_id=15

In the last slides of the CC & m2 talk, there's some information on
how to minimize the information in the pom.

As to the main issues to solve (information redundancy and build
order), there's the mojo plugin Kaare pointed you to that we are going
to improve. The main question today when using CC is to decide the
granularity you want to have (do you map every pom to a project or
not?), because CC relies today on m2's reactor to identify the correct
build order, thus requires you to have a somewhat coarse grained
mapping.

I am pretty certain CC's support for m2 will improve a lot in the next
months, althought I think today's it is pretty good. I use it to build
without problems several OSS projects whose build is based on m2 as
well as some closed source software. One of the CC install has around
200 maven sub-projects, grouped into a handfull of CC projects. That
works because the projects themselves are pretty fast to build.

Jerome