Well I didn't think about it at first but you need to define a new packaging
type to make it work. You provide a new packaging type by developping a new
plugin. Basically, the plugin would just define some new packaging type
in some xml files. No need for any Java files since you don't developp any
Mojo. It shouldn't be a very hard task.

Take a look at :
http://maven.apache.org/guides/introduction/introduction-to-the-lifecycle.html
There is a "Specifying a New Packaging" section. You can almost copy & paste
the entire xml file found in the standard jar plugin to create your. By the
way, maybe it already exists in a JBoss plugin, I have no idea.

Hope it helps!