From what I understand, those jar are generated by another build tool then
Maven 2 on a constant basic (snapshots) ? If it's the case, you should write
a conversion script that call Maven 2 to install the file or generate the
necessary files. You can do this using install:install-file and
deploy:deploy-file :
http://maven.apache.org/plugins/maven-install-plugin/install-file-mojo.html
http://maven.apache.org/plugins/maven-deploy-plugin/deploy-file-mojo.html

If I remember correctly, Maven 2 was able to work without pom in the past
but in the end there were so many jars coming without pom that they decided
to remove the option. But I could be wrong.

On 5/8/06, Tim McCune <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

On Mon, 2006-05-08 at 13:36 -0500, Wayne Fay wrote:
> When you installed those dependencies in your local repo, did you use
> -DgeneratePom=true   ?
>
> If not, reinstall the 3rd party artifacts and use that parameter so
> poms are created, to avoid this "downloading poms from central" thing
> in the future.

Thanks for the reply Wayne.  Not quite sure what you're referring to.
The jars that get installed in my local repo are put there 1 of 2 ways.
Either:
1) Checked into a subversion module, which copies them to a web server
on commit.
2) Placed on the web server by Continuum after building the project with
Maven 1.

For option 1, it sounds like you're suggesting that there's a way to get
Maven to generate a pom for the jar file?  If so, could you elaborate?
For option 2, Maven 2 isn't involved at all, and it's an automated
process, so I don't think that it's feasible at all to get a pom
generated for these jars.