Hi everyone,

I'm a first-time maven user. I quite like the idea, but I'm not sure how to do some things. I hope someone can help me!

First of all, I'm depending on quite some third-party jars. I want to use them, and I thought the way to go is doing it this way: http:// maven.apache.org/guides/mini/guide-installing-3rd-party-jars.html

Am I correct? And should I use "jar" as value for -Dpackaging?

Furthermore, I'm using a plugin-based system, and my directory- structure will look something like this:

launcher.jar
lib
  - platonos.jar
plugins
  - appcore-0.0.1.jar
  - 3dparty-1.0.3.ajr
  - 3dparty-1.4.16.jar

launcher.jar is an artifact generated by one of my modules, app- core-0.0.1.jar is an artificact generated by an other module, and the rest of the jars are 3d-party libraries. My setup will be something like this:

MyProject
  - Launcher module
  - AppCore module
  - Libraries module

Is it possible to generate this as output? I think I should write my own Maven-plugin?

Thanks in advance,
Chris Eidhof