On Thu, 11 May 2006, Jos van der Heiden wrote:

Hoi Jos,

> I'm having a problem with release:prepare.

[snip]

> When maven tries to create a tag, it gets an error back from subversion:
>
> svn: Source url 'svn://myhost/myrepo/trunk' is from different repository

[snip]

> <developerConnection>scm:svn:svn://myhost/myrepo/trunk</developerConnection>
>
> Any ideas what is going on here?

Yes: your checkout is from another repository than you specified in the
pom. Try this:

   grep url .svn/entries   (or look at a line with 'url="..."' in the file
                            if you're on windows).

Either you used a different protocol, for instance https, to check it out,
or you're using a different hostname (an alias maybe?).

Groeten,

        Kenney