Some light into this:

Now POMs are not modified NEVER except the following cases:

- sintactically incorrect pom (eg. wrong xml): the pom couldn't work
before, so changing it should be a problem except for that people that
dowloaded it being wrong, that need to delete it, anyway it was broken

- adding info that doesn't affect the build (eg. license, scm, description,...)

- the pom didn't exist before. If you depend on a jar without pom
you'll get warnings. You should provide a pom for upload as somebody
else may upload it later and break your build.