zdv wrote:
Hello Edvin.

Yes, on unix it's more or less easy, windows don't have tee utility
by default and I don't want asking my customers installing something
like cygwin for this.

After all, i think it's not so bad idea for robust build tool having
configurable logging, after all, what's the benefit of having few
abstract logging classes in maven core over than just printing to
System.err if it can't help configuring logging?

What's the reason log4j logging used
in maven 1.x was removed from m2 ?

Because it would be an unnecessary dependency. It should be pretty easy to get Plexus's logger to write the output to a file, or even just use the existing log4j adapter that Plexus already has.

It's just a matter of effort, feel free to volunteer ;)

--
Trygve