There is no file been set to your artifact. Try to execute mvn deploy only

-allan

Raymond N. Ritz wrote:

All,

When attempting to use mvn deploy:deploy or even if I try mvn
deploy:deploy-file I am getting an error that reads "The packaging for this
project did not assign a file to the build artifact" .  I am trying to use
the deploy command to release a jar into our local repository.  I have done
this with other projects successfully, but have not been able to figure out
why this project is different (other than this is child pom).
Here is the pom from the project (The actual paths to the repos have been
omitted), and the repositories are configured in my local maven settings
file.  Any thoughts are appreciated.

<project xmlns="http://maven.apache.org/POM/4.0.0";
http://maven.apache.org/maven-v4_0_0.xsd";>

           <parent>

              <groupId>gov.nashville.jis</groupId>

          <artifactId>ojies</artifactId>

              <version>1.0-SNAPSHOT</version>

           </parent>

           <modelVersion>4.0.0</modelVersion>

           <groupId>gov.nashville.jis</groupId>

           <artifactId>commons</artifactId>

           <packaging>jar</packaging>

           <name>commons</name>

   <version>1.0-SNAPSHOT</version>

           <build>

                       <plugins>

                                   <!-- This plugin will allow us to
compile java 1.5 with annotations-->

                                   <plugin>

                                               <configuration>

<source>1.5</source>

<target>1.5</target>

                                               </configuration>

                                   </plugin>

</plugins>
           </build>

           <distributionManagement>

                       <repository>

                           <id>jis-repository</id>

                                   <url>file://xxxxxxxx/maven2</url>

                       </repository>

                       <snapshotRepository>

                           <id>jis-repository</id>

                                   <url>file://xxxxxxxx/maven2</url>

</snapshotRepository>
           </distributionManagement>

           <repositories>

   <repository>

     <id>jis-repository</id>

     <url>http://xxxxxxx/maven2</url>

     <releases>

       <enabled>true</enabled>

     </releases>

   </repository>

 </repositories>

           <dependencies>

                       <!-- jakarta commons -->

                       <dependency>

                                   <groupId>commons-beanutils</groupId>

<artifactId>commons-beanutils</artifactId>

                                   <version>1.7.0</version>

                       </dependency>

                       <dependency>

                                   <groupId>commons-lang</groupId>