You can configure Continuum to only build "on demand" instead of an
hourly or daily build, if you want.

In short, no, you cannot do what you want with Maven out of the box.
You will have to write a plugin to support this or write a shell
script to call Maven to do the build and then email the results to you
automatically, assuming you are using an operating system that has
such tools available.

In linux/unix/mac os, this would be as trivial as calling sendmail,
qmail, etc from the command line. And there are plenty of command-line
email tools on Win32 as well, so you should be able to make this
happen on any system you need. But this will require some work on your
end.

(Most people would use a CI server for this kind of functionality, so
I doubt you will see this built into Maven any time soon. Feel free to
contribute your plugin back once you have it working though, as
email-maven-plugin in Codehaus mojo perhaps.)

Wayne