Hello Anita,

are the mojos you bind to your new packaging using the javadoc class tag
that enable the dependency resolution ?
For more information about the dependency resolution in mojos, please check
the maven book from mergere.

Hope this helps.

Raphaël

2006/5/30, anita kulshreshtha <[EMAIL PROTECTED] >:

Hi,
    I am writing a plugin that defines a new package type (say 'xar')
using these instructions -

http://maven.apache.org/guides/introduction/introduction-to-the-lifecycle.html
    I use this plugin in a project as :

<packaging>xar</packaging>
<build>
  <plugin>
     <!-- my plugin -->
  </plugin>
</build>
<dependencies>
  <dependency>
  </dependency>
</project>

    When I build the project, the dependencies are not searched for. If
the packaging was jar all the dependencies are searched and loaded, if
found. Am I missing something or is this the expected behavior? How can
I ensure that foo.xar behaves just like a foo.jar as far as dependency
resolution is concerned.

Thanks in Advance
Anita