   <plugins>
     <plugin>
       <configuration>
         <archive>
           <!--
           <index>true</true>
           -->
           <manifest>
             <mainClass>com.mycompany.app.App</mainClass>
             <packageName>com.mycompany.app</packageName>
             <!-- options
             <manifestFile>/path/to/MANIFEST.MF</manifestFile>
             <addClasspath>true</addClasspath>
             <addExtensions/>
             <classpathPrefix/>
             -->
           </manifest>
           <manifestEntries>
             <mode>development</mode>
             <url>${pom.url}</url>
           </manifestEntries>
         </archive>
       </configuration>
     </plugin>
   </plugins>
 </build>
</project>

2006/5/31, Kieran Brady <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>:

I tried te build number plugins without any success as it didn't seem
happy
to create a timestamp independently of SCM? I'm using CVS and it wasn't
happy with it..

Instead I have this horrible hack! Our Maven setup seems to be an ever
expanding collection of horrible hacks :-/

[...]
<plugin>
    <executions>
        <execution>
            <id>create-timestamp-file</id>
            <phase>generate-resources</phase>
            <goals>
                <goal>run</goal>
            </goals>
            <configuration>
                <tasks>
                    <tstamp>
                        <format property="time" pattern="dd.MM.yyyy-HH.mm"
locale="en" />
                    </tstamp>
                    <property name="timestamp" value="${time}-${user.name
}"
/>
                    <touch file=".build.timestamp.properties" />
                    <echo file=".build.timestamp.properties"
append="false"
message="timestamp=${timestamp}" />
                </tasks>
            </configuration>
        </execution>
        <execution>
            <id>delete-timestamp-file</id>
            <phase>clean</phase>
            <goals>
                <goal>run</goal>
            </goals>
            <configuration>
                <tasks>
                    <delete file=".build.timestamp.properties" />
                </tasks>
            </configuration>
        </execution>
    </executions>
</plugin>
[...]

and

[...]

<filters>
    [...]
    <filter>.build.timestamp.properties</filter>
</filters>