Hello,

I am using Maven for the first time. I downloaded maven 2.0.4 & configured
the required environment variables.
When I try to run at the command prompt: mvn archetype:create
-DgroupId=com.mycompany.app -DartifactId=my-app , its giving the error as
follows.

[INFO] Scanning for projects...
[INFO] Searching repository for plugin with prefix: 'archetype'.
[INFO] org.apache.maven.plugins: checking for updates from central
[WARNING] repository metadata for: 'org.apache.maven.plugins' could not be
retrieved from repository: central due to an error: Error transferring file
[INFO] Repository 'central' will be blacklisted
[INFO]
[ERROR] BUILD ERROR
[INFO]
[INFO] The plugin 'org.apache.maven.plugins:maven-resources-plugin' does not
exist or no valid version could be found
[INFO]
[INFO]
[INFO] Total time: 1 second
[INFO] Finished at: Wed May 31 19:13:42 EDT 2006
[INFO] Final Memory: 1M/2M
[INFO]